1 Aug 2023
Leading the evolution of SwayTech…
By Michael Friedberg, CEO
It’s no coincidence that a year after joining SwayTech, I’m stepping into the driving seat. Great clients, a vibrant ecosystem and an exceptional team.
I feel like I have hit the jackpot.
But this has only been made possible through the exceptional leadership and drive of Bob Pinchin, who founded the business and has been a friend for over 20 years. Last year I jumped at the chance to join the team and work alongside Bob, accelerating his vision: to unleash the true potential of the Kiwi tech sector. And now I’m thrilled to be taking over the reins as CEO, with Bob continuing to play a pivotal role in SwayTech.
So what’s my vision for SwayTech?
- I want to see clients partner with us and get where they need to go faster.
- I want to attract the best marketing talent in the industry and build a community of exceptional fractional executives.
- But most of all, I want CEOs to experience how GREAT marketing delivers scalable growth.
What’s changed? I love a good story, so let's take a quick trip down memory lane
2006 - today
SwayTech was a B2B agency, a really good agency. Focused on the Kiwi tech sector and on delivering really good ‘things’ for our clients, in fact, we delivered outstanding things to over 230 companies in 17 years. Not a bad run.
But times have changed
- Customers became more savvy, wanting to self-serve as they learn about solutions to their problems.
- Marketing, thanks to digital and ever more fragmented media and platforms, has become a really complicated beast. More data but not more insight.
- Execution overtook strategy, and especially in B2B, outputs got mistaken for outcomes.
- And the heady days of overvaluation and easy access to capital were over.
So SwayTech needed to change too. Over the last 17 years, we have evolved and morphed based on what Kiwi tech companies need. And now I’m excited to lead the next evolution.
The future’s bright when you have a great plan
We want to see our clients build their own marketing capability. We want to leave them with a marketing mindset. And this is where we leave behind the old world of agency, a deliverer of ‘things’, to become growth navigators: strategy plus execution.
And how do we make this happen? It’s really simple:
- Fractional Executives: Strategy can only come to life through execution. And having that capability as part of your team, infusing your organisation with a marketing mindset means increased capability and capacity.
- Strategic Services/Planning: GTM, marketing, strategy, brand, creative, product, campaign, digital, quarterly/yearly planning. This is where we bring that extra thinking you need to gather the team and map out the path you need to take. It’s like your ‘Heads of _’ team ready to go when you need them.
- Delivery and Execution: The power of doing. This is where we 10x the plan and make things happen, fast - off the back of a solid strategy. No more misdirected, unconnected “things”.
Thanks for your support
Thanks to the entire SwayTech team, our clients and network for helping us to get here. We are so excited to be helping supercharge Kiwi tech and continue our mission. Together, let's make the tech sector Aotearoa’s #1 export.